My favourite characters are often the villains because I love their lack of morals, honestly and often lack of sanity. I don’t know but you tell me if you prefer Stefan or Damon Salvatore (if you answered Stefan, you’re wrong. Leave.). So I created a list of my top ten and honestly, the closer you get to number one, the less they’re actually in an order and they’re just kind of crammed up there in no particular order, but 10 up to about 6 is in order. So here we go! BEWARE OF SPOILERS.
10. Klaus (The Originals/The Vampire Diaries). Okay, I haven’t watched The Originals yet but in The Vampire Diaries, he’s quite evil. He messes around with Stefan’s humanity, kills Aunt Jenna (!!) and manipulates Tyler and eventually comes between him and Caroline. His problem is he’s very narcissistic and self-obsessed. He will defend his family but if they’re his problem, or if they don’t want to help him be evil, he will happily dagger them. Sort it out dude.
9. Vee (Orange Is The New Black). She was a good bad guy, she got stuff done but oh my god I hate her. She manipulated Suzanne/Crazy Eyes so much so that when Vee died, Suzanne won’t accept it and won’t accept she did anything wrong. It turns her into an even more unpredictable/violent person as well as very emotional. Not only that, but Vee hurt Red and everyone loves her so I’m not sure anyone’s a Vee fan anyway. But she had to be on this list because she is a horrible person.
8. Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter series). I love her and I don’t care. She murdered Neville’s parents and she has no regrets. She’s fully insane, hair is on point all the time and she isn’t scared of anyone but Voldemort. She taunts Neville, she’s always ready for murder and eventually her downfall is her insanity and arrogance as she picks a battle with someone she had made too angry for her ever to beat.
7. The Evil Queen (Once Upon A Time). When characters have a dual personality (Stefan/evil Stefan, Evil Queen/Regina, Angel/Angelus), I always prefer the evil personality and this is no exception. The Evil Queen is sassy, confident, honest, flirty, powerful and an all-round badass. She’s also bitter and vengeful which is a bit sad but I still love her…
6. Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad – I haven’t read the comics so none of this is based on that, don’t yell at me). I’m a little bit in love with her because she’s great. She’s absolutely insane and I think she knows it, her hair is on point and that girl is damn good with a baseball bat. Unfortunately she is well and truly controlled by the Joker and that’s pretty tragic although I doubt she’d be a role model for girls anyway, what with the murder and using her body as a weapon…
5. Kilgrave (Jessica Jones). This guy is cruel. Like, really damn cruel. He can control people’s minds and make them do what he wants and he really does use that to his advantage to do things like murder, suicide (as a threat) and also sex. He’s a messed up guy and he really does ruin Jessica Jones’ life but his arrogance is eventually the reason he’s beaten.
4. Drusilla (Buffy The Vampire Slayer). She’s always been my favourite character. She killed my least favourite slayer (Kendra’s too cocky, please leave) and dated my favourite vampire and dumped my favourite vampire. The woman’s insane but you feel kind of sorry for her because she was a good little Catholic girl driven insane by Angelus and her fashion sense is on fleek!
3. President Snow (The Hunger Games series). He’s one of the few people on this list who actually does what he says he’s going to do. He doesn’t wait around to taunt the other characters, he doesn’t mess around being insane, he’s just evil and cruel. He’s also a human and hides behind the peacekeepers/other members of the Capitol. He controls the media, he uses threats to get what he wants and he never takes part in the violence himself. However, he does taunt Katniss since he thinks he can put her off fighting against him but when it becomes clear that won’t work, he does stop messing about and start to kill people… He’s evil and he loves it.
2. A (Pretty Little Liars). For the first few seasons, A is genuinely scary. They’re manipulative, dangerous and use a lot of threats which they follow through on. They’re anonymous yet they know everything and seem to be everywhere and they’re cruel (remember how they forced Hanna to eat all those cupcakes when she was on a diet because she used to be fat? – cruel!).
1. Katherine Pierce (The Vampire Diaries). She’s easily my favourite character from this series and I cried when she left. Nina Dobrev is a fantastic actress and the difference between Elena and Katherine is immense yet she can still play both with ease. Katherine is evil evil. She wants people to suffer yet her reasons aren’t always clear (or logical). She manipulates people, she controls them with sex and she has some of the best lines on the show (the others being from Damon of course).
Do you agree/disagree with this list? Let me know!